Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pan

This week Illustration Friday topic was Myth.
During High School, I've studied tons of acient greek and latin mythology and I always loved the subject.
So, at the beginning I wanted to portrait Hades, which actually used to be painted and sculpted as a chill guy with a cool beard.
Alto, the idea I had in mind required a vertical format and this time I wanted to do something horizontal.
So I remembered one of my favorite tricksters: Pan, which will be used in modern literature, comics, movies and videogames as an archetype upon which many characters will be based on.
Also, Satan.
I guess that running after all those nymphs gave him quite the reputation.
Poor Pan.

I've been more graceful to him and painted him as a peaceful guy.

Hope you enjoy!
Please, view full size.


2 comments: